Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Emailing Picture Attachments

When I try to attach pictures from the camera to an email and send them it doesn't happen.  It looks like they are going but they don't transfer and I get the dreaded red X next to the email.  What am I not doing?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Emailing Picture Attachments

If you get the red X next to the message then open it, select the menu key and "resend" the email. Does that work? This may happen with large emails.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
New Contributor

No I tried that...as a matter of fact...several times.  Again it comes up with the blue bullseye and goes back to the red X.  A couple times it displayed a small clock but not every time.
Forums Advisor III

Ok, I found a KB article on this: KB13751

You need to go to Options>Advanced>Service Books. Scroll down to the service books for your email (there should be 2). Select each one, click the menu button and delete. After doing that for both, log in to your carrier's BIS site (where you setup your email) and go to service books and send them again. This should fix it according to the article.

Welcome to the forums btw :smileyhappy:

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
New Contributor

I followed the instructions but get the same results.

Forums Advisor III

Have you tried a battery pull? Remove your battery while the phone is on and reinsert it after 30 seconds. Let the phone boot up (may take a few minutes). Also try deleting the email account from the BIS site and adding it again.
Kijana
Please remember to:
New Contributor

You are very kind to be so helpful.  I think I was trying to send the pictures in the wrong way.  I just took a picture and sent it as a email from within the picture menu and that worked fine.  Before I was composing an email and then attaching pictures to it from inside the email program; that won't seem to work for me.

Thanks for your welcome and thanks again for your help.

Kendal

Forums Advisor III

Kendal,

The other method should still work...well at least it is meant to. Wish I could be of more help; I would try to get it working if I were you.

Kijana
Please remember to:
New Contributor

Thank you Kijana, I will continue seeking.  I'm not sure where to turn.  Maybe someone who has had success in resolving this issue will step forward here.  Surely I can't be the only person in the world who has had this problem.

Kudos for your help.

Kendal

did this ever get fixed? Having the same problem with mine...