Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Giannanicole
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Emergency Alert Messages

I disabled my emergency alert messages once this started and the messages continue.  I think it is an issue with the phone itself.  The messages do not have an origin and cannot be forwarded or responded to.  It appears as if the phone is almost testing itself.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshmo013
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-mobile

Please use plain text.
Contributor
upset
My Device: Curve 9630

I have tried disabling from Options and the manager at T-Mobile tried that.  It doesn't seem to help.

I don't need their alerts as i signed up to get alerts from NYC govt.  The alerts from RIM have 2 or 3 english words and the rest is a series of greek letter, numbers & symbols...so what good is it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
upset

Although I believe I tried this, I unchecked the 2 message alerts and will see what happens.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
upset

doesn't work
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshmo013
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-mobile

It sure doesn't.  Back to the drawing board...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PPD3195
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Anyone find a solution to this yet?  My wife's phone started getting the "Monthly Test Alert Mesage" around 11am today, and it goes off 3 times every 5 minutes!

Called Tmobile, blah blah blah, reload, blah blah blah, reset the phone, blah blah blah...same as you all got...didn't work.  I'm ready to throw this phone through the wall and RIM makes you pay them to talk to a rep??  No wonder they're going out of business.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PPD3195

More info...I took the phone in to Tmobile and put a new sim card in it.  It was weird, cause as soon as we left the house it stopped getting the messages, and started as soon as we got home.  I have two other Tmo phones in the house and it's the only one doing it.  So I switched sims from her phone and mine...and now mine is getting the test alerts!  So it's the phone, not the number.

Is this PIN related then?  I can't think of any other way the messages could have followed the phone with the SIM getting changed.

How do we get support from RIM on this?  Do I have to pay for their incidental support and then cross my fingers that they don't charge me??  It's not a Tmo issue, and it's certainly not my fault.  I'm pretty frustrated here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
upset

We're all frustrated with RIM and the Emergency Message Alerts that they keep sending out.  It seems to have started with the latest software update that they sent out.

Nothing has stopped the messages for more than a few hours.  Lately they're coming while I'm sleeeping so I've had to put my phone on silent; and while driving that it starled me the other day.  I now make sure that my phone is on silent, not even vibrate while driving.

No one at the T-Mobile store nor their customer service # has any idea what this is or how to correct.  The only suggestion I haven't tried to resetting my phone back to before I downloaded the latest update.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PPD3195

@upset I might try that later today or tomorrow.  If anyone knows where to get the last tmobile OS I'll try it.  My experience with Tmo BB's is that they won't accept the OS from Blackberry's site.  It has to be the Tmo version.  I'm pretty comfortable with BBSAK.

Please use plain text.