Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
carrie1108
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: BT

Enable cookies issue

I've just got a new 9320 curve and can't download any apps as it's telling me to enable coookies. I have read the suggestions of removing the battery while it is still switched on, leaving it for one minute and then reinserting it but this has not fixed the problem. Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong please? I have 'accept cookies' ticked but don't actually have an option to 'enable cookies' so not sure if there's something else I need to do!!! Spot the technophobe!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Enable cookies issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

All of the references to "cookies" that I find relate to BES-enabled devices...is yours such? If so, then you need to talk to your BES admin as they control this.

If you are not on BES, then it may be that your BB was at one time in it's life associated with BES...but was never properly cleansed. Please see this:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is a latent IT Policy on your BB and you are not on BES, then that must be removed to enable you to fully use your BB...the process of doing so is completely destructive to all that is on your BB now (data, apps, etc.), so please prepare by following the link in my auto-sig regarding good backup processes, and carry all of that out in preparation. Then, you can execute this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

However, when you restore afterwards, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, just do a selective restore of only those databases you require, leaving out especially any to do with Enterprise, IT Policy, etc...if you do a full restore, you will put the IT Policy back onto your BB, and be right back where you started.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.