Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
malcolmwood24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Enabling My Curve 9300 as a Mobile Hotspot - Is This Possible?

I have just bought a Microsoft Surface table. This does not have a 3G option. One thought is to access 3g via my Blackberry Curve 9300. Many mobiles can be enabled as a hotspot. Is this possible with the 9300?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Enabling My Curve 9300 as a Mobile Hotspot - Is This Possible?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this KB:

• KB31857 How to setup and manage a Mobile Hotspot Connection

As you see, it's not your BB model number that matters, but rather your BB OS level, your data plan from your carrier (not all allow such), as well as any impact from BES (if you are on such).

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
malcolmwood24
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Re: Enabling My Curve 9300 as a Mobile Hotspot - Is This Possible?

Hi

Thank you, both for your very prompt help and your wafm welcome.

Unfortunately, checking via the About option within Options, my device is a 9300 and the latest operating system supported seems to be V6 (I don't think that this supports Mobile Hotspot). I suspect that I may need to check what device options may become available under my contract. (I don't want or need to pay more.)

Kind regards

Malcolm

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Enabling My Curve 9300 as a Mobile Hotshot - Is This Possible?

You are probably right...check this thread:

The last few posts are a discussion re the 9300 and it's inability to handle OS7.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code