Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
genek92
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

End Key Problem

A week ago I bought a Curve 9300, and today I was using it and suddenly when I was in the main menu, I pressed red key and just stayed there, this red key does work in calls, and to get out of other applications, but when I am in the main menu, it just stays unresponsive. I've tried several battery pulls also. How can I fix this? 

New Contributor
genek92

Re: End Key Problem

Someone?
Software is os6 6.0.0.587 and the problem started just today in the morning.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi genek92

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

We should never use end key to close or exit any application,it just minimizes the application running it in the Background . Instead press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

As your End key is not responding can you confirm if you had Installed any application recently ? If you have then try Uninstalling those applications and see if that helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
genek92

The only application I have installed on my phone is WhatsApp. The end key is just not responding when I enter the main menu, but to hang up a call, etc. It DOES work.
And I did know about how to close an application, I was just closing them with end key to see if the key worked. Thanks for the advice anyways.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi genek92

To close any application press the Menu key > Scroll down then select the Close or Exit option to exit the application properly.Look at this Helpful Article of Knowledge Base I am sure it will help you :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

And regarding your problem with your end key follow this Knowledge Base Article : 

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone.

Please try those Suggestion and see if that helps.

Prince