Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
ollienorth
My Device: Curve 9320

Enterprise activation - Blackberry Curve 9320 on Tesco Mobile

Hi all,

I have swapped my android to a BB for work purposes, I got the above phone and had Tesco swap my contract to a BB specific one. I have everything working but have not yet activated the email account on the device as I wanted to do this through the enterprise server. I have an enterprise account log-in and password however when I go through the process I get a message telling me that the server is not responding to my activation request.

Now I have been told by the IT fellah at work that this is because my phone needs to be activated by Tesco to enable it to contact the enterprise server, but when I phone Tesco they tell me it should be already activated for this as I am on a BB specific contract. I can't get an answer as to why this isn't working as have both parties claiming its the other one that the problem resides with.

Something that may further complicate matters is that the server is sat in Guernsey and I am in the UK so not sure if this is further complicating the issue. 

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Enterprise activation - Blackberry Curve 9320 on Tesco Mobile

To use a BES server you need a BES (blackberry enterprise server) data plan, rather than the generic BIS (blackberry Internet service) most carriers offer consumers. I believe tesco's only offer BIS plans