Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Enterprise activiation

I just updated my Verizon family plan, and now I have to reregister my blackberry curve 8530 for our enterprise server to receive my work emails and sync with my work computer. The network requires a new password, and it sent the following message:  "to activate your Balckberry device over the wireless network, in the device options screen select enterprise activation. In that screen, enter you corporate email address and the following password:    ******** which will expire in 48 hours. However, I am unable to locate the enterprise activation option when I look under options. Is there some other place I need to go? I have tried mobile network options, which is set to Verizon wireless and on. 

Any suggestions?

Solutions: 6,069
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Enterprise activiation

Check your Options > Advanced > Enterprise Activation.

Also, you could have a "Setup" icon on the homescreen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I tried options, advanced, but do not get enterprise activation. I have also tried the setup screen, do I then go to email settings, and then other? when I do that, it says invalid email address or password.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

When you go into email setup, does it offer the choice between setup a personal email or setup a work email via an enterprise server? 

I assume you have a full BES (blackberry enterprise service) dara plan rather than the consumer BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) data plan? You need a full BES data plan in order to use your device with a BES server. 

New Contributor

Hi: When I go into email setup on my blackberry it only asks me to add existing email accounts and does not say anything about the enterprise server. Yes, we have the full Blackberry enterprise service, and I am the only user of it now. I like it for the interface to my desktop calendar as well as emai.

Last night I did try setting up my email account using my business email address and password for access to that, and am now receiveing emails, twice for some reason, I also think it is just the email, not calendar access and is the "personal" email setup that is more normally used than the enterprise system, as I could not find any access using the code that our network administrator sent me.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

But do you have a BES Data Plan on your mobile phone account? If you are unsure you are best to check with your carrier Verizon. 

So where did you setup the email account that is now working... is that the enterprise account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No, same email address, but I set up under the setup icon - email settings by entering my business email address and the login code I use to access on my desktop. It gave me a new icon on my cell phone screen, sending me copies of all my business emails, plus I am also now getting them on my former icon that was used on the enterprise connection. I just set it up as an "other" where it gives choices of Yahoo, Gmail, Windows live or Other.

New Contributor

I did, but I wonder if that got changed when I redid my plan? I will check with Verizon. thank you.

Ok, then it is working ok.

You just need to hide the other icon or open your Messages icon > Menu key > Options > and set which emails flow to the main Messages icon.

Knowledge Base Updates