Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
bb_with_own_life
My Device: Bold 9700

Erratic BB behaviour and super sensitive trackpad - highly annoying

Hello,

I have a Bold 9700 with OS v5.0.0.351 and carrier is DU (UAE). Since a couple of weeks I have the following problem which is driving me nuts

My BB developed a life of its own in a sense that the track pad has become hypersensitive and the functions work absolutely erratic, i.e.

* when writing an e-mail, the - unfinished - e-mail is sent

* when checking new e-mails instead of being able to scroll down, a reply e-mail is drafted (at times even sent - empty) or it's jumping to the browser and opening the website to a link contained in the e-mail

* after reading e-mails instead of being able to go back to the home screen it freezes and stays with the e-mail account

* when opening an e-mail and opening the menu to delete the message it's creating a reply message (again, at times even sent blank)

* when navigating the home screen other than the intended application/option is opening

* Klondike freezing / games can hardly be played since the cursor is jumping all over the place

* when entering (or better attempting to) the password the cursor/screen jumps and I cannot enter the password. Instead I get the message "invalid password". I can't even enter the first letter (restart via taking out the battery)

ETC

It looks like as if the track pad has become hyper-sensitive and reacts already when the finger is only close by. It's more than annoying and at times embarassing (i.e. when a blank reply is sent to a business contact)

I've already tried many things - switch off/on, take the battery out and reboot, googled for this issue, asked friends etc. No cure. Any suggestions are very welcome as I'm about to throw this thing out of the window!

Thanks a lot

Antje