Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ehinch
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Spoke to Vodacom.  RIM released software eariler than anticipated which had an error in it.  The updated (fixed) version is due end first week in Jan 2012.  Apparently the quick fix in the meantime is to use a wifi network connection to access App World and do the Identity Update.  Just make sure wifi service does not require a proxy server if your phone does not have a proxy setting (Curve is one that does not have a proxy setting).

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Carrier: MTN

Hi there!

I am also facing exactly the same problem past few days.

Infact yesterday I Power restarted my phone, and since then my Blackberry Identity file is missing from my Options menu in my phone.

So now I cant install nor I can upgrade my existing apps.

And when I am doing it from my laptop getting into Blackberry App world for downloading or upgarding my apps then it is still showing some installation error .

I guess its a bug in BB, and they really need to resolve it!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maceblack
My Carrier: wind mobile

Hi

I have a 9300 running Blackberry App world 3.1.0.56 with no notification of a update. Could it be a false update for 3.1.0.58

Please use plain text.
Contributor
grant-RSA

Guy you need to get off the mobile network if you are on GMS or EDGE and do all your updates via wi-fi . My wifes 9300 updated without any problems but then she lost her app world icon. She had to download an older one - so not sure if rmi are all together with it on this update!!! Must of been a big new years party.......
Please use plain text.
ashley_kain

Hi.

Also from SA - and having same problem. This has nothing to do with paypal logins etc as we are getting the error on a brand new phone and we have definitely NOT tried to purchase any apps without being logged onto app world or using Paypal as we can't get into AppWorld to start wth!

Please assist - VERY frustrating!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lierra310
My Carrier: MTN

Thank you Grant!  Were struggeling with my mom in laws phone - shes with VODACOM.  I did the installation through the Wireless and it is working 100%.  Hooray!!!!! :Clap:

Please use plain text.
NDL
New Contributor
NDL
My Carrier: vodacom

The problem is the connection between bbm and bb app world. I've found the link between the two that caused mine to error... "Easy smiley pack" I clicked to open it (at the icon not in my options menu) and there it was update Id and I did everything it asked after the reboot I opened te app world everything back to normal...
Please use plain text.
NDL
New Contributor
NDL

Oh and for those who don't have 'easy smiley pack', I really don't know what could cause the error might be some other app try to open some of them the one taking the longest to open is the problem most probably. Hope this could help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Trancebabe

Hi

Your resolutions didnt work for me unfortunately.  When i try going in to "my world' the error pops up again. Before i can even do anything. And i didnt want to download anything that i needed to pay for. It was a free theme but i still get the 'identity update' error. When i say yes to download it, it says it says that same error of 'Identity installation failed (80003)

Pleeeeeeese help! I cant download anything or even browse in app world.

Please use plain text.
NDL
New Contributor
NDL

Click on the link and downgrade ur app world only thing else I can think of... http://santo.asia/repository/bb-file/BlackBerryAppWorld.3.0.1.29.OS5/AppWorld.jad
Please use plain text.