Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ramboh
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 447980471738

Re: Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Yup thats right, let me know if it helps aswel! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HB_geh
My Carrier: MTN

This isn't happening in just South Africa alone. I'm in Nigeria and I've had this 'error 80003' for weeks now. I called my service provider, MTN, and no solution was proffered. Pls, I need help. All my applications need upgrade and I can't do any of these if the app world isn't running.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
grant-RSA
My Device: curve 8250
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi HB_geh.
You need to do the upgrade via WiFi, the edge and gprs networks are to slow- the upgrade has a timer to start download and the GPRS and EDGE networks are to slow.
Please use plain text.
sulette10
My Device: blackberry 8520

Here is the solution: Turn off your radio and turn on wi-fi only. Once connected to wi-fi, open app world and then do the identity update. Once complete, reboot and all will be normal.

Please use plain text.
sulette10
My Device: blackberry 8520

Here is the solution: Turn off your radio and turn on wi-fi only. Once connected to wi-fi, open app world and then do the identity update. Once complete, reboot and all will be normal.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ffaro

On Os5 phones, go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP. Select APN wich is the first box. Under it
next to APN type Internet. Save it and it will work. On OS6 phones, go to options, device, at the
bottom Advanced System Settings, go to TCP IP. Select the first box and next to APN type "Internet".
Your BlackBerry Id will download. It will ask to restart your device, do so and if you then go it to
your App World, My Account, it will prompt you to a blue screen where you need to log in. Tell me if
you do not succeed
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ffaro

On Os5 phones, go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP. Select APN wich is the first box. Under it next to APN type Internet. Save it and it will work. On OS6 phones, go to options, device, at the bottom Advanced System Settings, go to TCP IP. Select the first box and next to APN type "Internet". Your BlackBerry Id will download. It will ask to restart your device, do so and if you then go it to your App World, My Account, it will prompt you to a blue screen where you need to log in. Tell me if you do not succeed
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ffaro

On Os5 phones, go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP. Select APN wich is the first box. Under it
next to APN type Internet. Save it and it will work. On OS6 phones, go to options, device, at the
bottom Advanced System Settings, go to TCP IP. Select the first box and next to APN type "Internet".
Your BlackBerry Id will download. It will ask to restart your device, do so and if you then go it to
your App World, My Account, it will prompt you to a blue screen where you need to log in. Tell me if
you do not succeed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HB_geh
My Carrier: MTN

Thanks y'll
I fixed the problem. I downgraded to the older version of App world. That one runs better.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Please use plain text.
peterakie
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Hi I had the same error on my phone here is what i did to fix it.

You will need an email account and a wireless connection.

On your computer/laptop register for an account on

www.us.blackberry.com/id/

Click on register a new account.

Once completed.

Delete the app world app from your phone.

Setup a wireless connection if you have one otherwise go to a( freind with a wireless)or your service provider for help.

Reload the app world from the wireless connection.

Thats it problem fixed. .

Then in app world goto click on My World and login with the username and password you created.

If you have a problem with setting up a wireless account just google setup wireless on blackberry(model)

Goodluck.

Please use plain text.