Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Error 80003 - BB Curve 8520 - App world = ID installation failure

Hi there.  I have also been struggling for months now with the same problem.  Nothing I did would fix it.  I downlaoded an app from the Appworld via my PC today, and it seems to have sorted the problem out.  I can now download from appworld on my phone again.

The app was Color ID, and here's the link https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3003?lang=en:

Install the app, and see if it works for you.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

On Os5 phones, go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP. Select APN wich is the first box. Under it
next to APN type Internet. Save it and it will work. On OS6 phones, go to options, device, at the
bottom Advanced System Settings, go to TCP IP. Select the first box and next to APN type "Internet".
Your BlackBerry Id will download. It will ask to restart your device, do so and if you then go it to
your App World, My Account, it will prompt you to a blue screen where you need to log in. Tell me if
you do not succeed

New Contributor

On Os5 phones, go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP/IP. Select APN wich is the first box. Under it
next to APN type Internet. Save it and it will work. On OS6 phones, go to options, device, at the
bottom Advanced System Settings, go to TCP IP. Select the first box and next to APN type "Internet".
Your BlackBerry Id will download. It will ask to restart your device, do so and if you then go it to
your App World, My Account, it will prompt you to a blue screen where you need to log in. Tell me if
you do not succeed
New Contributor

Hello

you do not succeed

This obviously only works if you are in SA and Vodacom is your SP.

Regards

FFARO

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: MTN

Hi i've got this error on my Curve 8900 "Reload software 552" . I downloaded an app and rebooted the device. How can i get my phone fixed. My PC cannot see my devide which means i cannot upgrade the software. Please help

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8250
My Carrier: vodacom

Hi! I am also from SA. This is so fustrating. I have tried a million times. Also having the 80003 error with the bb app world I'd. PLEASE HELP. Kathy
New Contributor

Hey. I had the same problem and it took me MONTHS to figure out, i finally fixed mine so i thought i would let you guys know how to solve the problem because i know how frustrating it is!! First you need to connect to a "wi-fi" on your phone. Here are the steps: If you have wi-fi around you, then go to "Manage Connection" -->>"Set Up Wi-Fi Network"-->>"Next"-->>"Manually Add Network"-->> Type in the name of your network and click "add"-->>Select the drop-down to "Pre-Shared Key" -->>Enter the router password next to "Pre-Shared Key" and click connect" . After a few seconds, at the top it should say "Connection Successful!" Make sure the drop-down is on "Yes" to save the wi-fi network.-->>Click "Next"-->>Click"Finish". Now go back to "Manage Connections"-->> Remove the tick from "Mobile Network" and Make sure there is ONLY a tick in "Wi-Fi". Then go to your app world. When it asks to install, click yes and it should say "downloading installation" or whatever. Once it's done, it will ask to restart your phone. Click on "Restart Now". Once your phone has finished restarting, go to "Manager Connections", take the tick out of "Wi-Fi" and Put the tick back in "Mobile Network". Your app world should be working now. Good LuckSmiley Happy

New Contributor

Hey. I had the same problem and it took me MONTHS to figure out, i finally fixed mine so i thought i would let you guys know how to solve the problem because i know how frustrating it is!! First you need to connect to a "wi-fi" on your phone. Here are the steps: If you have wi-fi around you, then go to "Manage Connection" -->>"Set Up Wi-Fi Network"-->>"Next"-->>"Manually Add Network"-->> Type in the name of your network and click "add"-->>Select the drop-down to "Pre-Shared Key" -->>Enter the router password next to "Pre-Shared Key" and click connect" . After a few seconds, at the top it should say "Connection Successful!" Make sure the drop-down is on "Yes" to save the wi-fi network.-->>Click "Next"-->>Click"Finish". Now go back to "Manage Connections"-->> Remove the tick from "Mobile Network" and Make sure there is ONLY a tick in "Wi-Fi". Then go to your app world. When it asks to install, click yes and it should say "downloading installation" or whatever. Once it's done, it will ask to restart your phone. Click on "Restart Now". Once your phone has finished restarting, go to "Manager Connections", take the tick out of "Wi-Fi" and Put the tick back in "Mobile Network". Your app world should be working now. Good LuckSmiley Happy
New Contributor

Solution at bottom of pageSmiley Happy
New Contributor