Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Jsharaya
My Device: Not Specified

Error accessing sim when transferring contacts!

When I try to import my contacts from my sim card to my blackberry curve it says "Error accessing sim"
First I thought the sim card was the problem, so I ordered a new one. The problem is still there. Then I use my brother's sim card and his works, as well with my father's.THEN I copied my old contacts to my brother's sim card from my old phone and tried to put the contacts from my old phone on the blackberry, and it says error accessing sim. Then I put my Dad's sim card back in the blackberry and it worked. It seems as if as soon as I put new contacts on a sim card to access on the blackberry, the blackberry won't read it.

I'm really puzzled and have exausted every possible reason for this.

I then went to the setup wizard and Import contacts and it says all the sim cards have no contacts on it!

It can't be the sim card because it is new.
I am using an Unlocked Blackberry Curve 8300

I will greatly appreciate any help!!
Please use plain text.
tad213
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Error accessing sim when transferring contacts!

I have same exact problem with new BB Storm. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.   The sim is ok because I have put in into 2 different phones and the contacts are there on the sim in another phone but not when installed in the BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hendrw
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: 6783154772

Did you have any luck??? I just upgraded the software for my BB Storm 9530 and now I have the same error. My phone knows that the SIM card is there, I can still call and everything. But I can't access the contacts on the card or save new contacts to it. This is so frustrating

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hendrw
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: 6783154772

Finally had success. I think I interrupted the end of an OS update (crappy cable). Fortunately, I found a backup to restore it. Works fine now.

Please use plain text.