Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
robyngobey
My Device: 9320 Curve
My Carrier: Cell C

Error launching bbm after update

Hi
After the update on my Curve 9320 - and now cannot launch bbm .. it tells me it is verifying it with the server and then a temporary server connection has occured - and the option to retry
is this a server issue or an upgrade issue - others who have not done the update have access to bbm
I have logged into Blackberry ID

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Error launching bbm after update

Hi robyngobey

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I assume you have BIS on your account .If you are having problem with luching BBM7 ,I prefer Uninstall it from your device and then download the same again then have a try. To Uninstall On your homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from there ,

Then perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is POWERED ON ,After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm and download it agian .

Please try it and see if that helps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robyngobey
My Device: 9320 Curve
My Carrier: Cell C

Thanks SO much .. this worked and it is MUCH appreciated.  I was imagining life without BBM - it was looking quite bleak!
Another thing I did was to turn on my wi-fi (for power reasons, I tend to keep it off) and connect to my hot spot, which I had not done the previous time - I am not sure if this is pertinant or not ?
Many thanks for your sage and prompt advice - have a wonderful evening and weekend

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi robynogobey

You are most welcome :smileyhappy: yes its a good decision to turn on your wi-fi , Sometime when things go wrong over our cellular network its wise to use alternative i;e wi-fi and it has helped many users.

Anyway its nice that your issue has been resolved .Have a good day :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.