Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

brunadias
My Device: Curve 9300

Error "net_rim_bb_messaging" - help!

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to fix this error:

uncaught exception net_rim_bb_messaging_app (413) is not responding; process terminated

Thanks for helping!

Bru

New Contributor
sbenson88
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Error "net_rim_bb_messaging" - help!

[ Edited ]

So I have had this problem over 15 times. I went through hell trying to fix this and in turn went through a few blackberrys along with taking the phone into sprint for them to fix it. By doing all this I learned how to do it myself.

If this happens to you, make sure you have your contacts backed up somewhere. Preferably on your email account. If not, have a hard copy.

The only way to fix this is to do a full wipe of the phone. It is actually very easy. Go to options -> security options -> security wipe -> emails, contacts, etc. -> hit wipe

Yes this erases everything, so make sure you have your things backed up. If you have an email account you can sync your contacts on there. When you do an email setup they will ask to sync your contacts and in doing so will reload your contacts so you dont have to manually enter each one.

It takes about 15-20 mins for the wipe to take place. Then another 15-20 mins to update all your preferences and emails accounts etc.

Any questions, let me know. I hope this helps all you...because it was so frustrating for me and nobody on here had the answers.