01-18-2013 02:24 PM
I am getting below error message while updating my device software from "7.1 Bundle 1647" to "7.1 Bundle 2102".
This is the first time I am updating software, please suggest some options...
An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.
I have working internet connection...
please suggest how to resolve this problem
01-18-2013 03:05 PM
From that message, I'm guessing that you are attempting to update your BB OS OTA (Over The Air)? If so, please understand that to be the most risky method. The OTA update takes an on-device backup of your data, from which it restores after the update succeeds. But, if anything goes wrong, that backup is lost forever...along with your data. Hence, I always recommend a PC/USB based update rather than OTA...the PC/USB method provides you the ability to not only take a manual backup, but also a backup during the update process, and either of those backups are stored to your PC, available as the source of restore should anything catastrophic happen during the update process.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
01-18-2013 03:15 PM
01-18-2013 03:18 PM
01-18-2013 03:55 PM
01-18-2013 03:58 PM
Ohh ok...actually when I click on update button from desktop software , it takes backup of data
Yes, that's exactly what it is supposed to do (as long as you don't override it, that is).
while downloading new software it gives this error message for internet connection though my connection is working.
This KB might be useful:
Then again, if you follow what I've suggested, it may also be moot since what I've recommended will override the need for the Desktop Software to download anything at all, since the BB OS package you desire will already be downloaded and installed to your computer.