Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8520 MTN

Error

My blackberry 8520 shows uncaught exception index 11>=11 after this it shows app error 523
Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: globe telecom

Re: Error

Error 523 means BlackBerry smartphone encountered a Java™ Virtual Machine (JVM) application related problem and is unable to continue running.

Try to perform Hard Reset of your phone by removing the battery of your device while it is turned on

I Hoped that i had helped you

Hit like if you think i deserve it
Hit "accept as a solution" if i had helped you
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8520 MTN

Thanks KharleJohn,

I have tried to fix it as you suggested, but still I'm having the same problem
Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: globe telecom

since youve already did that, kindly follow this step

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB connection.
2. On the computer, navigate to the BlackBerry Device Software updates website.

• Tip: To learn more about web-based BlackBerry Device Software updates, click here.

3. Click “Check for Updates”.

• Tip: If you are having difficulty getting the BlackBerry smartphone detected by your computer, please review KB10144 in the BlackBerry Knowledge Base, which contains information on how to force the detection of a BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

4. If the Application Loader tool is not installed on the computer, complete the following steps:

• In the File Download – Security Warningdialog box, click “Run”.
  • In the Internet Explorer – Security Warningdialog box, click “Run”.
  • When prompted, restart the computer.
  • On the computer, navigate to the BlackBerry Device Software updates website.

5. Click “Check for Updates”.

• If you have a password set on your BlackBerry smartphone, type the password in the Unlock BlackBerry Device dialog box.

6. Click “OK”.
7. At this point, you have two options. If there is a newer version of BlackBerry Device Software available, click “Get update”. If a new version is not available please reload the most BlackBerry Device Software that’s displayed. To do this, click “View other versions” and select “Current Version” followed by clicking “Install”.

If the error message persists, or if the BlackBerry smartphone is already running the most current version of BlackBerry Device Software and reloading the device software previously did not resolve the issue, further investigation might be required.

To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support. To help them assist you, a few important details you should have ready when you contact them are listed below.

Other Important Information

In the event that you encounter this issue again on the same BlackBerry smartphone (and updating or reloading your BlackBerry Device Software did not resolve the issue), you should contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for support while the error is displayed.

If possible, do not reset the smartphone or attempt to reload the BlackBerry Device Software until enough information is captured for a full investigation into the cause of the error.

I hoped that i had Helped you

I Hoped that i had helped you

Hit like if you think i deserve it
Hit "accept as a solution" if i had helped you
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Source link from above:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/02/error-523-jvm-blackberry/

or try this:
force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10144