Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Event Log

Alt LGLG.

Shows the event log, as I have found out.  I did a search, but I can't find anything that explains what it is or how it's used.  If it should/should not be occasionally cleared or deleted to free up memory.

Can someone point/direct me to the right place, please?

Thanks in advance

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Event Log

Hello again! I believe that if you start running slow, the alt lglg will help with that. 

:smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Sprint 8330!

I have used it many, many, many times in our store to help someone who comes in and complains that their BB is moving slow. It free's up some of the internal memory which is espically important if you aren't using a memory card (we all should be....) :smileyhappy:
******Debbie******
Regular Contributor

Okay...gotcha.

But why is it there, and what does it do?

Would it be helpful in tracking something if I posted a screenshot here of the error?  How does it work?  I guess I was looking for someone to point me to an article or a support topic, because I want to know what it is and how it works....and I guess I wanted to verify that clearing it won't hurt anything on the device.

Thank you.

Elite I

5eleven,

I found this in PCWORLD -  :smileyhappy:

View Event Log Details, Free Up Memory by Clearing the List

Your BlackBerry's Event Log displays your system's recently run events and processes. If you're experiencing a problem with your BlackBerry or having an issue with a specific application or service, information from the Event Log can be helpful for troubleshooting. And it can be a good BlackBerry hygiene to clear out the log, to keep your device running smoothly.

BlackBerry Event Log

To access your Event Log, go to your Home Screen, hold down the ALT key and then type "LGLG." The Event Log will then appear, and you can click a specific event for more information or hit your BlackBerry MENU key more options. The MENU key has seven dots in the shape of the letter B, and it's found directly to the left of BlackBerry devices with trackballs. You can copy event information using the MENU key and tailor your settings to log only specific types of events.

You can also free up some valuable device memory to help your device run faster by clearing your Event Log. To delete your list of events, hit the BlackBerry MENU key while any event is highlighted and then click "Clear Log." A dialogue box will then pop up asking if you're sure you want to delete the log. Once you confirm the deletion, your log will be cleared. (Don't worry, if your IT department is running device management software along with its BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your company likely has its own record of this event log.)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.......Kudo'd and Solved.
Elite I

You are m:smileyhappy:st welc:smileyhappy:me!

Like I have said before, I am learning every day about my blackberry and it is my pleasure to assist someone else!

Blessings :smileyhappy:

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: XL Indonesia

hi mate, i've updated my bb curve 8520 to the new 5.0 OS, but what i've been experiencing is that the update is somewhat buggy. every time i restarted my bb, what i get is email setup - every time. and the trackpad freezes from time to time, then there are two event logs that couldn't be cleared no matter how many times i tried to. My gf's bb is even worse, she couldn't set up alarm time straight from the clock, she could only set alarm from calendar mode. please help. thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

My Device: Not Specified

i tried Alt LGLG - it works but a coupel of events remain stubborn.. they dont get deleted..

any ideas???

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700, Curve 9380
My Carrier: None

my device is s fully touch screen( not having keyboard). So now how can i open event log?

If anyone has any idea, then please share.