Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Everything has gone wrong since started using BBM -box re certificates keeps appearing.

Recently I started using BBM then everything went wrong!! I kept getting messages about trust certifcates and eventuall key stores. Explored online help tried lots of things. Ended up completely wiping everything.

Now have re-syncronised organiser with my outlook but from contacts only phone numbers transferred!!  Calendar only partially transferred. Still box keeps popping up about certifcates . How can I phone for advice!!

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Everything has gone wrong since started using BBM -box re certificates keeps appearing.

For technical assistance, you would call Virgin and have the issue escalated up to the BlackBerry technical support.

I would advise that you wipe the device again and restore your backup, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, to regain your contacts and calendar. Did you make a backup of the device before your initial wipe?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Everything has gone wrong since started using BBM -box re certificates keeps appearing.

Thank you I will try that- fortunately I did back up recently.

New Contributor

oops how do I wipe?
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Article ID: KB14058 How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Security Options > Security Wipe.
  2. Select the appropriate check boxes to remove data and applications as intended.
  3. Type blackberry, and click Wipe.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code