Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

bdharvey74
My Device: Not Specified

Extracting SMS Logs/Threads

Unfortunately I am on the back end of a pretty nasty divorce and need to extract a bunch of SMS messages my ex (aka Satan) sent me for use in court. Is there a way to do this? To date I have been taking each SMS and forwarding as an email to myself. This works but is a real pain when you are tyring to piece together the entire thread or conversation.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Extracting SMS Logs/Threads

That is the best you can do without a court order.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

first solution : do all manually

second solution :
backup the SMS database, then on your PC, extract the contend of the IPD file. there is one tool among others that does that :
http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

third solution :
there is a third part application for Blackberry that allows you to convert SMS into something else, but I don't remember.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Zandrex is right (as usual) ABC AMBER is a great program for this.

This won't help for the old ones, but if you need to dave the future ones as well, this conpany saves them on their server, and you can retrieve at an time.

https://www.dexrex.com/mobile/blackberry

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

ozofriendly
My Device: Bold 9700

MagicBerry IPD reader also reads BBB backups from which you can extract all SMS to a nice CMS file.