Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lextkelly
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Extremely slow

All of a sudden, my 2 1/2-year-old Curve 9300 has started acting strangely. It's extremely slow. Get spinning dial inside box. Sometimes shadow pages. Have deleted all unwanted apps, but free space continues to plummet, down to 39.2 MB. Need help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Extremely slow

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A battery pull is always the recommended first step to take.  You've done that so I would jump right to an OS reload.  Why is one 9900 so slow and the other is not?  I really have no explanation for that but reloading the OS is a good step to take.  Don't even worry about updating to a newer version, sometimes reloading the same OS does the trick (however, updating if a new version is available is also recommended).

To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then click Restore.  Load the most recent restore point.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

VIA |  Elite I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Very-Slow-processor-speed/m-p/2106535/highlig...

agreed and you can also take it to the store, show them and get an exchange if the above steps don't work.

reload software:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

VIA |  Forums Veteran II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Very-Slow-processor-speed/m-p/2106535/highlig...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lextkelly
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

The first suggested course (a restore) did not correct the problem. One of the succeeding links with instructions for a complete reload of the software appears to have done the trick. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Thank you!    lextkelly.    

Welcome!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.