Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Patotolicious
My Device: Blackberry 8520
Accepted Solution

FAULTY THEME AND NOW MY BB WON'T WORK. HELP!

After installing a theme, my blackberry suddenly stopped working. I can go to the home screen but when I try to press any button (messages, options, etc) it won't work. I've restarted my phone by pulling the battery for a million times but it still won't work. I tried connecting my phone to the computer and deleting the theme using app world, but app worl won't work. It says that my device is not connected even if it is. Please help. I just had my handset for a few months. I shouldn't have installed that theme :No: PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME :smileysad: I don't know what to do now.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: FAULTY THEME AND NOW MY BB WON'T WORK. HELP!

Try booting the device in safe mode.

Remove the battery. While holding down the 'back' key reinsert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds or so into the boot sequence.

If it boots up, remove the theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Patotolicious
My Device: Blackberry 8520

THANK YOU.

My theme is now back to the default one and I can access the buttons just fine. Thank you so much!!! :Clap: Does this mean I should stop installing new themes? For safety purposes?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: THANK YOU.

Glad to help.

As for themes, I quit installing them years ago because of this very problem. They can cause major issues on the device. I would recommend not installing them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.