Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

katpat
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

FB Notifications/Deleting messages

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and I am very frustrated with my phone. I've had it for 2 years, no problems, till the last few weeks.

About 3 weeks ago, I stopped getting any messages or notifications from FB on my blackberry. Don't know how to fix that. I also cannot delete notifications I did get back to 9/27.

I cannot erase my messages. It was erasing all of them just fine, then it was deleting current ones. Now its not deleting any. I have messages on my phone going back to 9/27. I've had this problem a few times here and there, but if I turned it off, took battery out and put back in and turned back on, it'd let me do it.

I can't find anything on this website to help either problem. I am able to get an upgraded phone, but can't afford it right now. And even when I can, not so sure it'll be a blackberry. I really don't understand all the technical mumble jumble.  Can anyone help with either of my problems. (in easy terms?  :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kathy

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: FB Notifications/Deleting messages

Hi katpat,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The issue you are having with not being able to delete messages may be caused by an issue with the Messages database on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone. Please try following the steps in this KB article to clear the database."How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

This will remove all messages on the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone. I would advise not restoring any messages from a backup file as this may restore the issue as well.

Regarding not receiving notifications in Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones, this KB article should assist. "Notifications are not received from Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones" http://bbry.lv/JAjenp

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.