Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jeremymayle
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Facebook

I sure will do that. I forgot to mention that I had already tried uninstalling the facebook app from my phone, and then reinstalling. I've also removed the battery to reboot, to no avail. I'll try again and let you know.
New Contributor
jeremymayle
My Device: Not Specified

No luck again on the reboot. I've even tried going into my email account (Comcast) and making sure I don't have any settings there that could be potential problems. What does the "leave email notification messages on mail server" box mean under the "options" menu in the facebook for Blackberry app? I'm curious because my default desktop account for the phone is a Microsoft Outlook folder for work, and I also have Comcast and AOL separate accounts. It seems that all it does is send facebook stuff to that account. I don't have the box checked, and was curious as to whether or not that could be part of it? If not, I'm totally lost for words. I thought I'd have this working by now, given all of the suggestions on this forum.....
Contributor
pnanda
My Device: 9700 Bold

Is the only way to get FB on BB is to set account notifications to push messages to my personal email? I dont want to do that as I get too many emails and the BB doesnt synch with email anyways,. Any way of just going directly to FB app and seeing msgs and notifs?

New Contributor
JennileeSeconna
My Device: Blackberry 8520

New Contributor
JennileeSeconna

Hi Everyone

I hope someone can help me. I upgraded the latest version of fb to my 8520 3 days ago and I don't get any notifications to my phone other than messages and pokes. With the old fb I use to get notifications on everything such as comments, wall post, photo etc.
Its frustrating because I'm new to bb and I don't know where to go or change things. I do know my options are all marked and my notifications are market as well. I deleted fb just over 7 times and reloaded it again but nothing changes. Please help me.
Thanks
Jenni (South Africa)
New Contributor
nyjets822
My Device: tour

Re: Facebook 2.0

Before i got fb 2.0 i was always able to receive notifications. Now I receive them sometimes but if a person sends me a message i dont get a notification and this goes for people who are not my friend on faecbook but i still want to be notified when I get a message. Anyway I can fix this or any help on what i can try to do to get the message notifications?

thanks

New Contributor
JennileeSeconna

Re: Facebook 2.0

Hi

Im sorry but i cant help you, my problem is still a problem.

I cant even fix my notifications - ive tried to delete it many times and re-install fb but it doesnt work.

Its a BB problem not FB. Now i have to spend money and take my phone for a software upgrade, a technician told me it might work if my software gets upgraded.

Try it and see if it works,

Good Luck

New Contributor
bushy56
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

it is not easy toset up. try your option setting.