Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

Factory Settings

Hi,

I recently came across a problem with my BB where I could only send text messages of 70 characters long. This has caused me to receive a large bill as all my texts from abroad are duplicate charged. Having now discovered the solution, my question is - should the BB curve 8520 come automatically set under localisation to English, mine was set to something called cesky?

I have never changed the language prior to finding out and correcting the problem?

Anyone know what the factory setting should be?

Regards

primsims

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Factory Settings

[ Edited ]

Go to Options > Security > Security Wipe.

Please ensure that you have backup of device data before attempting security wipe.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

Hi Tanzim,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm unsure what you are replying too? My question was only should the Bb come with the factory setting to English Language, I certainly am intending to wipe anything!

Regards

primsims

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello -- "factory settings" are often altered in the channel as the BB makes its way to the end user, so it's a bit hard for anyone to actually answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. Further, no one here in this user-to-user community has access to such proprietary information as your question requests.

Of interest to the other volunteers and participants here would be the exact solution you discovered for your original issue (70 character SMS limit).

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code