Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Melissa17
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Failure while email setup

Hello everyone,

I really hope anyone can help me, because I'm trying to figure this out for so long.
Well, I'm using an Blackberry Curve 8900 with a Vodafone calling card.
For a while now, I'm trying to set up my e-mail, but it ain't working out. I click on "set up" then it says, it's connecting. After a while then I get the failure indication: "failure connecting phone to the set up server". I tried it again many times, always getting the same message. I tried a battery pull as well, it didn't work out. I even tried another calling card, but it didn't worked either.
By the way, I got this phone from my Dad, he used it before, but he deleted all the stuff and disconnected the email.

I really hope someone could help me, I'm really desperate.
Thanks a lot,

Melissa

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Failure while email setup

Hi Melissa17

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have to activated BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your Account if you want to use those email services on your account .Do you have that ? If not then please call your carrier to add that ,then it will allow you those features and many other data services .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.