Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ChaarJonesy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8500. RCG41GW

Fatal Errors On Media Card.

I have been having problems with a fatal error on my media card for a while now. I have looked online, and can see that the solution is to repair the memory card from a PC. When I open Blackberry Desktop Manager on my PC, I can't see any option to repair a memory card. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Thanks

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Fatal Errors On Media Card.

Go to Options > Device > Storage > click Menu button and choose Repair > Choose desired storage i.e., Media card. You'll be then asked whether to save lost cluster or not during the repair process (Yes/No). That's all!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
ChaarJonesy

I do not have these things under options. The only things that I have are: Connection Options, or Data Folder options.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi ChaarJonesy

To recover your Media Card you may have to Format it . You can do it from your device also ,check this KB : KB10527 :  Media card cannot be read.Verify that the memory card is formatted.

To format or Repair your card from a PC  just connect your device to your PC and initiate USB drive , On your PC go to My computer  > Select the BlackBerry Drive and format Repair  it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ChaarJonesy

When I try to format it from my device, It says 'media card format failed.'

When I select the Blackberry drive on my PC, it doesn't give me an option to format.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ChaarJonesy

On your PC are you able to see BlackBerry as a drive or your media card ? In 'My Computer', right-click on that BlackBerry  drive and choose 'Format. can you try that again .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ChaarJonesy

I gave up and brought a new memory card!
Elite II
prince2012

ChaarJonesy wrote:
I gave up and brought a new memory card!

Hi ChaarJonesy

That's a good decission indeed , and a memory Card didn't cost much :smileyhappy: 

New Contributor
ChaarJonesy

I got my new memory card today, put it into my phone and it worked fine. I then transferred everything that was on the old one onto the new one, put it into my phone and it said 'memory card cannot be read due to fatal errors.'  Plugged it into the PC and formatted it, said format complete. Plugged back into my phone and just said that same error message.

So, from this im guessing there must have been a virus on the old memory card and i transfered it to the new one.

Ordered another new one now and wont be making the same mistake again.

Be careful guys, dont do the same!!!

Elite II
prince2012

ChaarJonesy wrote:

I got my new memory card today, put it into my phone and it worked fine. I then transferred everything that was on the old one onto the new one, put it into my phone and it said 'memory card cannot be read due to fatal errors.'  Plugged it into the PC and formatted it, said format complete. Plugged back into my phone and just said that same error message.

Hi ChaarJonesy

If I get the same error on my device even on a new card ( provided that the Card is from a  branded company ) then I would go for a Clean OS reload .