Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Klad64
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Fatal erroro on media card

I got a new Curve 8520 today, after my last one (same model) gave me issues. Everything goes fine except for the media card which is unaccesible for fatal errors. I HAVE tried the following: Formatting the card, Repairing the card, formatting the card via PC (the pc reads it fine), connecting via desktop manager, restoring backups, removing and replacing card and battery. All this techinques above did not solve my problem. On my last phone the card gave me no errors at all.

What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Fatal erroro on media card

Hello

Please backup your card on your pc.

Now format the card via pc , next format the card again on the 8520.

Try downloading some pictures or videos , once done , reconnect the 8520 to your pc. Windows may give the following message: error ...........scan and fix Recommended or continue.

Choose to scan and fix , now you can restore the backup of the sd card you made earlier.

You can try going to the scan and fix immediately but if the, issues persists then use double format procedure it worked for me.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Klad64

Thank you for the assistance. The formatting via pc works fine, however when I get to formatting it via the 8520 it fails to do so.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

Try disabling media compression and retry, if that fails then a reload of the OS required.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Klad64

Thank you very much, my problem is now solved

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Glad to help, friend, enjoy.
Please use plain text.
nosa_19
My Device: sd

Re: Fatal error on media card

Someone help please!!!

That message keep on coming on I tried everything, it still wont work I don't know what to do .

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Fatal error on media card

nosa_19 wrote:

Someone help please!!!

That message keep on coming on I tried everything, it still wont work I don't know what to do .

Hello nosa_19

Welcome to Support Forums

So you already done everything including an OS reload as adviced on this solved thread ! Have you tried using a new Media Card ? 

Also check this KB :

KB14745 : "Memory card contains error, please use disk checking utility on computer" appears on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

You can also try some third party software like BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/  which are good enough to wipe our device completely then try to install a fresh OS pack from your Carrier , it might help .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.