Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
rkl
My Device: 8330
Accepted Solution

Force BB To Remain In Stby

Is there any way to keep my BB device in standby after removing it from the holder ?  I press the mute button placing it into standby, but as soon as I pull it out of the holster it comes out of standby.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Force BB To Remain In Stby

The purpose of the holster is to put the phone in standby when you insert the phone into it and pull it out of standby when you remove it (I assume it is designed this way because it expects that you want to use it when pulling out of the holster). There is no way to get around this unfortunately for you. The good news is that there is a software you can purchase called Autostandby. It puts the phone in standby for people who don't use the holster (such as myself). It can be made to activate standby X seconds after the screen turns off. It still disables the standby when you receive phone calls and it doesn't affect your notification settings so you will receive alerts as usual :smileyhappy:

Hope that helps you!

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.