Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: curve8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Forgot my BlackBerry ID Password And Recovery Question.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've forgot my Blackberry ID password and Recovery question, so i got a problem now.

There was a update of the blackberry app world so i decided to update it beceause otherwise i wasn't able to update my what's app. So i updated it, i had to re-log in with my blackberry id. but i forgot it beceause it was a year ago.

Then i tried the "Forgot Password" Button. And it asked me a Recovery question but i forgot that one beceause i typed in bull-**bleep** there a year ago beceause i thought u have to log in once in your life. Then there was a button "Forgot Answer Of Recovery Question" I clicked on it and it said me to go to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid and it said me i can get my "Question" Back there without knowing it. But when i arrived on the site i didn't found annything of getting back my question and it was really unhelpfull to me.

I hope there is a way to get my blackberry id back beceause now i can't Whats'app beceause it needs to update, but can't update without appworld -_-

my login email of my id is: (personal info removed)-ik@hotmail.com

I hope someone can help me out. Smiley Indifferent

BTW i already tried to make a new one but i can't login with it on my BB beceause it says i got to login with the ID that is linked to my BB.......

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Forgot my BlackBerry ID Password And Recovery Question.

Hello!

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor

I got the feeling this is an automatic message or something for if u lost ur blackberry ID...

But i didn't lost the ID... i just lost the answer on the security question, without that answer i can't get my password back, 

So that is my problem, i looked arround the whole site and can't see a help for if you lost your answer of your security question.

Can't you just look into the database of blackberry to look for my answer or something and send it to my registered email?

Hall of Famer II

ramon9585w wrote:

I got the feeling this is an automatic message or something for if u lost ur blackberry ID...

Automated? No. Pre-written by me for folks with your exact situation? Yes (because I use it dozens of times a day here).

ramon9585w wrote:

But i didn't lost the ID... i just lost the answer on the security question, without that answer i can't get my password back,

The instructions above are exactly for the fact that you've lost the answer to your security question. There are methods, in that post, that do not require answering that question, yet you can still recover access to your account. I'd suggest you re-read it.

ramon9585w wrote:

Can't you just look into the database of blackberry to look for my answer or something and send it to my registered email?

How would I do that? Oh....I see...you think you are, here on this site, talking to formal BlackBerry support. You are mistaken. This is a user-to-user community of volunteers trying to help each other out. Such was presented to you when you agreed to the Ts and Cs of this site, and is supported by this banner presented at the top of nearly every page of the site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, again...re-read my above reply, for it contains the instructions you need.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor

I tried it all, but i get stuck on the answer thing, beceause my account was not confirmed yet i have to give answer on the question, 

But the problem is: I don't know that question anymore. 

I swear i tried everything, im now for 3 hours trying to fix my blackberry ID, but nothing really helped me out yet.

I also checked all my emails to look if i still had the register email from a year ago, but also don't got that email anymore.

sorry i was a bit frustrated.

I thought u was a BlackBerry employee.

Sorry for my low english skills, im just a 15 y/o from holland.

Hall of Famer II

ramon9585w wrote:

my account was not confirmed yet

Ahhh...new information! Yup...you are stuck. None of the automated recovery methods will work for your situation. Only human intervention can now help you if you must retain your current BB ID. But, in the 2nd half of my earlier post, I did discuss a choice you need to make, and how you need to proceed given the result of your choice. It is that section you now need to follow.

Good luck!

Contributor

Thanks for your help, another small question.

For me is the "App World" Not really important.

Do you think there is an other way to get the newest version of Wapp on my mobile, like by connecting it to my pc and write over some files or something?

Beceause that is the only thing why i want my BB ID.

Thanks,

Hall of Famer II

ramon9585w wrote:

Thanks for your help, another small question.

For me is the "App World" Not really important.

OK...then you proceed with the WIPE, and create a brand new BB ID. Beware -- if you use BBM, and are on BBM7, then your BBM contacts are not actually stored on your BB device, and will not be backed up/restored by any of the processes provided. Rather, you need to make a manual list of your BBM Contacts and re-establish those after you create your new BB ID. You might want to let all of them know before you start.

ramon9585w wrote:

Do you think there is an other way to get the newest version of Wapp on my mobile, like by connecting it to my pc and write over some files or something?

I don't know what "Wapp" is...I assume some app you want. If you can obtain the proper files elsewhere (e.g., developer website, etc.), then you can install via PC:

• KB04670 Install a third-party application with the Application Loader

That KB hasn't been updated in a while, so you might have to figure out the proper selections within the Desktop Software version that you have in order to get the AppLoader running and then navigate to where, on your computer, you have placed the ALX file(s) that you obtained.

If instead you can obtain a JAD file (and it's associated items), then you simply copy those to your BB and, via the on-device file manager, "run" the jad...that will install the app that way.

Sorry I can't be of more specific help...but I've no idea what "Wapp" is. But there may be other sources you can try:

• AppWorld in selected countries
  • MobiHand everywhere in the world
  • Handango everywhere in the world
  • BPlay everywhere in the world
  • GetJAR everywhere in the world

Then again...

ramon9585w wrote:

Beceause that is the only thing why i want my BB ID.

So, you wanted your BB ID, so that you could obtain WAPP from AppWorld? If so, then there is nothing stopping you from doing that with the new ID you will create after you WIPE. Or do I not understand???

Good luck!

Contributor

WAPP means What's APP it's like BBM.

But with a "Wipe" is much work, i first gonna look if i maybe can get the newest version of What's app without the appstore, if that doesn't work i really have to wipe.

Thanks for your help.

Hall of Famer II

Ahhhh...What's App...OK...I've never heard it called WAPP before. From what I understand, they do offer non-AppWorld installation. I can't be 100% certain, but I'd start with their own website first.

I would, however, encourage you to resolve your BB ID situation. BBID is integral to the BlackBerry device, controlling and enabling a great many things, including BB Protect (to auto-backup some of your data, as well as give you the ability to remote WIPE should your BB be lost or stolen). It is deeply embedded into the architecture of the device/service, and really needs to properly exist in order to truly experience all that there is (BB Proprietary services and such). Otherwise, you might as well have any old SmartPhone, and not a BB.

Good luck!