Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
babs365
My Device: Curve 9320 OS 7.1
Accepted Solution

Freezing

Hello. This is my first question ever on a forum so I will say sorry in advance in case I do anything wrong. I have a Curve 9320 with OS Version 7.1 (Bundle 1319) not sure what that means in brackets. I am using 30% of the memory. I am on the 3 Network on a monthly contract. I have only downloaded a few Apps, namely Solitaire, Solitaire Spider, Battery Booster and Whatsapp.

The problem I have is that when I receive a call when the keyboard is locked I am unable to answer it and all keys and buttons are disabled. The only solution has been to remove the battery. This only appears to happen when the phone has been in the locked position for some time, although I have not been able to work out exactly how long. I contacted the provider (3) and they talked me through a factory reset. Then it happened again when I received a call the following day. I have also tried taking the SIM out and leaving it for a while all to no avail. Now this is where I think it may be something stupid that I'm doing as yesterday I received a replacement phone and today I had the same problem twice when out shopping. I do have the same SIM card with the same phone number.

Please can somebody help me sort this out as I really love the phone and want to keep it. I would appreciate it if you'd spare my blushes if I am making a stupid mistake though!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Freezing

Hello babs365

Welcome to the Community

Whenever we see or feel any unusual on our device we should perform a battery pull restart,It seem you had not Installed too much Application on your device but still you are having problem,So try to start your device of Safe Mode and run it for say 1 or 2 hrs to see if the same problem appears.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

But if even on safe Mode Issue reappear then you can try to take a clean reload of your Device OS to rule out any software issue . Please try it and let us know.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
babs365

Ok thank you I will give this a try when I get home tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

If you installed battery booster app, I'd uninstall it, was this developed before Os 7.

Os 7 has its rescource monitor and battery saving system this could be a conflict with booster app and resource monitor.

I say this because I personally never installed such apps like battery booster and memory booster type apps.

Also are those apps Os 7 certified?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
babs365

Thanks for the info on the Battery Booster App. How can I check if it is OS 7 Certified?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Try emailing developer but don't need to anyway the Os 7.1 which you have does that already.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
babs365

Ok thanks. I will probably just uninstall the app and see if that clears the problem. If not I will then try the suggestion from Prince2012.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

f0xx386 wrote :

If you installed battery booster app, I'd uninstall it, was this developed before Os 7.

Also are those apps Os 7 certified?

Hi f0xx386

I don't know if Battery Booster application is responsible for the user device freezing, But as you said it is developed before OS 7,in that case you are wrong.Every apps releases their recent version to fit our devices.And that Battery Bosster application recent version is released on July 02 2012 ,After OS 7.1.and it is certified. Sorry but I think you are wrong  in that.Battery Booster

I suggested the user to start the device on safe mode because if device start on safe mode it will not allow any third party application to run so that user can also test for himself that the problem is within any install third party application or the device os itself. 

I suggest the user if he feel any problem even on safe Mode he can try Reloading the Device Software,which will certainly improve the device functioning .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Thanks for clearing that up, Prince.

Just thought it unwise to install a booster app if 7.1 shuts down apps that are sapping battery anway. If booster app also shuts downs app that sapp power and if the os itself at the same time does the same, I thought a possible conflict can occurr.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi f0xx386

Yes infact in one way you are right OS  7.1 itself offer Battery Saving mode.But its upon the user what they use and that is everyone's own choice .I personally don't use any application for Battery,simply follow the tips required for maximum Battery life and I am getting good result.

So I can't say that particular application is the culprit unless some user report or share there view in this forum or on any other Forums.

Yes we should Install only those Application that we need most,Installing too much Application makes our device sluggish. ( That is my view though ).

Prince

Please use plain text.