Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
babs365
My Device: Curve 9320 OS 7.1

Re: Freezing

Hi Prince2012

I think my husband may have found the problem, almost by accident! I would just like to check this out with you. The issue appears to be with the leather case I bought, even though it is supposed to be specifically for the 9320 Curve. My husband borrowed the phone but did not want to use the case, using it for the whole day on Friday and not once did it freeze. He of course was convinced that it was something I was doing and not a fault with the phone! So I decided to use it all day yesterday without the case, as I was convinced I was doing nothing wrong and low and behold it didn't freeze once. despite several a lot of calls coming through at various time intervals. I then got my husband to put the phone in the case and we tried yesterday evening and it froze after about 2 hours. We have scrutinsed the case, but cannot see where the fault is, no buttons are covered and no pressure on any button is obvious.

My questions are, does this sound possible to you or is this just an incredible set of coincedences? Also can you recommend a case I can get that should be suitable? ideally I don't want a pouch type and not one that will be difficult to remove the phone when it rings. 

Thanks very much for your efforts to help me solve this and to all the other members who have tried to help. Your help on the choice of case will be very appreciated. 

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Possibly the magnet in the pouch used to hold its flap closed. If that's the type of pouch you have.
New Contributor
babs365

Yes it is that type.

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Personally I steer away from these type of pouches......known to causes issues eg. 9800 color was disrupted when sometimes removed from the pouch....to fix you had to put it back in the pouch and carefully remove it again.

That's funny thing about magnets.....also if the magnet is very strong it can use info to be lost on the phone.

Regards
F0x
New Contributor
babs365

Many thanks for your help. I will wait and see if anyone has any suggestions for cases otherwise I will call into a local shop. At least it does appear that my problem is solved.

Regards
Babs365
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi babs365

Good to know that you are able to find the cause of the problem.I had seen a user in bold section having problem because of her case.So you want to use case for your device but a pouch type,If you want then you can try @ Otterbox Cases ( Commuter or defender series) but Choice is yours:smileyhappy: 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
babs365

Many thanks Prince2012 for all your help. I will mark this as now solved. Should the problem come back again I will be back.

Kind regards
Babs365
Elite II
prince2012

Hi babs 365

You are most Welcome.. and yes whenever you feel any problem with your device feel free to post back we all try to help you.:smileyvery-happy:

With Regards

Prince

Visitor
sarathornton9320
My Device: curve9320

iv tried rebooting on safe mode but its frozen on the screen im meant to click ok on? iv only just got a laptop so dont have software on it?help please

Elite II
prince2012

sarathornton9320 wrote:

iv tried rebooting on safe mode but its frozen on the screen im meant to click ok on? iv only just got a laptop so dont have software on it?help please

Hi sarathornton9320

Can you please share your problem with us in detail .

let us know.