Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
blade911
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320

Frequent reboot in BlackBerry Curve 9320

I've purchased a BB Curve 9320 a month ago and have been using it regularly for texting,calls and browsing primarily. Of late I have been experiencing frequent reboots of the phone all of a sudden several times a day.I had installed a few apps but thinking that this reboot issue may be due to the apps, I've deleted all the applications. Please help me out, this is my first BlackBerry phone and I hope that I've not made the wrong choice.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Frequent reboot in BlackBerry Curve 9320

Hi blade911,

To resolve the rebooting issue you are having with your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9320 smartphone, please try to back up your data do a clean reinstall of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
priyankshah21
My Device: 9320

Frequent rebooting problem with Blackberry: Hello my fellow sufferers, here I am going to give you guys a solution for this problem which might work. I have been annoyed by frequent rebooting problem with my Blackberry since last 3 months. Earlier I went to service center and they kept my phone for 2 days, gave it back to me after software updation. But the problem of frequent rebooting didn't solve. I again went to local service center and this time they’d sent my phone to blackberry service center Bangalore. It came after 20 days. It seems that my earlier phone had been replaced by new phone (since my older phone was having lots of scratches all over its body and screen too). Now I was happier to have new phone. But as soon as I started using it (after restoring the backup from desktop software) the rebooting problem started again. So now I went for my own diagnosis to find out the remedial of this problem (by d way I am an engineer  ). I tried each and every combination to find out the root cause. -----------I used my phone in following individual states to know in which condition the problem occurs. 1. Keeping memory card out 2. deleting all third party application 3. keeping my phone in charging condition 4. Switching off the data service, etc. 5. Log out of all social networking apps. What I observed that rebooting problem didn’t occur during phone in charging condition, Facebook log out condition and data service off condition. I have also referred all the forums here regarding this problem. Some of them had suggested few things like keeping paper beneath battery, and data service in 2G mode, etc. I have tried several combinations and finally my rebooting problem seems to be solved. However it is not completely wiped out but frequency is certainly reduced from 50 times a day to 1 or 2 times per 3 days. So here is the combination I’ve tried. 1. Delete the Facebook application preinstalled in your phone 2. Delete all event logs. Press Alt + LGLG. Clear the log, uncheck all values in option and save it 3. Keep a paper beneath battery to hold it strongly. 4. Reinstall the Facebook from blackberry world. Please try out these things and let me know whether your problem is solved or not. But certainly it is the failure of Blackberry that even after huge complains they are to come out with the solution of frequent rebooting. I would never recommend any one to buy blackberry. Useless phone, and useless service.
Nhlabathi
My Device: Blackberry 9320

Thank you for your tips but my phone restarts even after clearing the log and unchecking every option checked.

it wouldnt let me finish unchecking but when it finaly let me then it carries on with restarting itself.

Can you help?

shah_p86

sorry buddy... i had same problem after few days. couldnt solve it..

finally thrown it out.. BB sucks!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Chintan37

keeping the paper beneath to hold the battery strongly is the best possible solution...try it everyone whuz facing this issue... i will restart eventually but onli 1 or max 2 times a day..:smileyhappy: