Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8320

Full bars but can not make or recieve calls

This isn't a constant problem, but it has happened about 4 times in the past 2 weeks.

People have tried calling me and they said that they are getting  a message that says "This caller is unavailable"  or something to that effect. Also, I try to make a call and I'll get a messageon the screen that says "Radio ...something...unavailable" and I hear a fast busy noise in the phone. Anyone know what this is...what is causing it and how do I get rid of it? T-Mobile says to take the battery out every few days to "re-start" my phone like you would do with a computer??? Is that right? I just put a new SIM card in it to see if it is that. They said that some times the cards go bad. Mine wasn't even 2 yrs old. That's not very long to have a SIM card.

Anyone?

Melissa :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Full bars but can not make or recieve calls

When BB's get low on battery, they shut the "radio" connection off (phone).  Try charging the phone up and see if this does the trick.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Contributor

I always have my phone charged up! Full battery at all times.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

I would suggest that the advice T-mobile gave you was on the money.  If it only happens occasionally, you could have a low memory problem and a battery pull should correct.  Just be sure to check your phone settings, "under manage connections".  T-mobile has spotty coverage, this could be an issue also.  Hope this info helps.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Contributor

I have never had this problem with any other phone I had with T-Mobile. I'll have to wait and see if it happens again. I pulled the battery and put a new SIM in.