Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

SG7
Contributor
SG7
My Device: Curve

Fully Charged Battery but Curve showing Dead Battery Symbol

I have a BB Curve 8302. Yesterday the battery depleted unusually fast (with in about 2-3 hrs with hardly any use). I put it on the charger for about 3hrs. Still showed the battery symbol (top left) as dead. And the words low battery below the clock. I left it charge over night. Still same thing. I put the battery into a friends 8320 & it showed fully charged no problem at all. I can access the phone if I have it plugged into the computer or charger. But the moment I disconnect it says something along the lines of "battery drained powering down". And it turns off my phone. So I have discovered there wasn't anything wrong with the battery. So is there something wrong with the phone? Or is there something wrong with the firmware? Even when I go to the wrench Icon & check battery level from there, it say 0% for charged. What can I do? Can anyone give me a solution?
SG7
Contributor
SG7
My Device: Curve

Re: Fully Charged Battery but Curve showing Dead Battery Symbol

One thing I would like to know is if the battery icon showing that the battery is dead. Is that part of the operating software or is it a hardware issue given that the battery is showing fully charged in a different phone but showing dead in my phone?