Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kellsbells57
My Device: Not Specified

Getting email started on 8300

I just got my new curve 8330 and want to get my emails hooked up with the phone. However, when i read the directions of how to do this, it says that in email setup on the phone there is an option to add new addresses.  I don't have this option. It only includes: "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" (which this is not a phone through work for me) and "I want to skip email setup".  How am i to add emails? 

I tried doing it online but once i get to page where i set up a user name and password, it says that "The system encountered an error". 

Please help! 

Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Getting email started on 8300

Has a BlackBerry data plan been added to your account yet? If so, it might take 24-48 hours for your account to be provisioned.
New Contributor
kellsbells57

i believe it has been. i can get on internet so i just assumed that email setup should be ready as well. but perhaps i'm assuming it should all be set up for me quickly. thanks!
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

OK, then that should be set then. I suggest trying to go to your wireless carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service login and try setting up the account from there. Here is a list of the common BIS logins:

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

New Contributor
kellsbells57

yeah that website led me to where i was before where after putting in my pin and esn numbers it asks me to create a username and password on the next page and for some reason says that message i wrote up above.