Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Seloire
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Gmail app

Hi there,

I need some help please.

I have a work BB Curve 9360. I had installed my Gmail account when I got the phone. Now I've left the company and need to hand back the BB but want to take off my Gmail account. However, the phone now has been taken off the network it was on and can't connect to the servers. Is there anyway I can just remove the Gmail app without it trying to reach the servers everytime?

Many thanks

A

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Re: Gmail app

[ Edited ]

You can just do a security wipe and delete all your data.

Warning: The following procedures delete either all data, or all data and applications (including files in the on-board media storage) on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone before proceeding. For instructions on performing a backup of the BlackBerry smartphone, please refer to the BlackBerry Desktop Software user guide.

How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe optio...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seloire

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your help. however, when I go to the home screen and select 'options' it only brings up options for things like wallpaper settings / number of icon rows / home screen panels / reset default settings. There are no 'security' links. Have they been removed as part of the set-up do you think?

thanks

A

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
mondi21

[ Edited ]

no. look for the Wrench icon. like this one...

options64.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Seloire

Perfect! 

Thanks very much. All good.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
mondi21

Im Glad I was able to help! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.