Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Google Maps error

Hi all, am having probs with google maps!

Have downloaded Google Maps, given it all permissions necessary (actually, set ALL options to ALLOW) and yet when I go to open it up, I get the following error message;

"Need network access: This application cannot be used until you grant it permission to send & receive data over the network"

Then when I click OK, it closes down.

I've gone in to Options>Advanced Options>ApplicationsClicked on Google Maps>Edit and set ALL permissions to ALLOW and saved, and yet it still won't work at all.

For info, OS is v4.6.1.199 (platform 4.2.0.102) if that's of any use.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Google Maps error

Interesting. Can you try to uninstall the program, reset your phone by removing the battery, then reinstalling it? When you first download it does it request to set application permissions then? If so try setting all to Allow, then finish the installation. Afterwards see if the same problem happens
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.