Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lukeharman123
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Google sync on the blink?

Hi

I just deleted google sync app from my BB and took the advice from RIM here to enable synchronisation of my BB calendar with my google calendar - http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB24204&sliceId=2&cm...

However, despite following the advice it is certainly not the case that "Entries made from the BlackBerry smartphone are synchronized to the web-based calendar within seconds." I saw one entry come up on gmail after 10 minutes and I am still waiting for the others.

Is there a known issue with this? I don't have any network problems at all.

Thanks,

Luke

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kartikeyabhargava95
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Google sync on the blink?

Please try reebooting your phone and log into your google calender again after 5 mins.

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lukeharman123
My Device: Curve 9300

Thank you very much kartikeya.

That solved the problem! It is now syncing within seconds!

Happy Christmas!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ribonucleicacid
My Device: Curve 9320

Hi,

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, the rebooting didn't help (tried it several times already). Besides, my provider sent me a reply to my support request that says Google/Blackberry calendar synchronisation was discontiued due a demand of optimization in this area. Do you know anything about this? Or any other solution?

I would really like to get my Curve calendar to synch again :smileysad: (see my previous post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Curve-9320-problem-with-synching-Google-Cale...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5
My Device: 8900 Curve

same here. I quit Google sync today, created a gmail for my google calendar. Nothing is synching with my Blackberry. Those little "details" make me want to quit Blackberry straight away despite me being the biggest fan of their product. It should be simple!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ribonucleicacid

Update: Did some research and eventually created an account at MEMOTOO. Synchronizes practically everything with everything, works fine so far. Downside: not completely free (but relatively cheap...).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5

looks interesting but I can't login with the downloaded app (one media hub). it keeps saying "incorrect url". 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5

ok, I had it worked but the app is really to slow. Not working well, plus only manual sync.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ribonucleicacid

No, there's the option to sync automatically (Funambol App >>> Options >>> ...scroll down... >>> "Sync with server" then choose "scheduled"). You can also choose what you want to sync.

For me, it works fine. I have set it to a 4 hour sync interval, which doesn't make it that slow. I think I also saw somewhere that you can also configure it to sync only when you have a wifi connection.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5

ok thanks. I still hope i can find a solution for the normal Gmail setting, but thank you for the alternative.

Please use plain text.