Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

HELP! How to change an Invalid email address

Hi,
Please can someone help.
My daughter set up her Blackberry ID with a slight mistake in the email address. This has only just caused a problem as her screen froze so she removed the battery and had to re-input the password and cannot remember it. Of course the password reminders are going to an invalid email.

I have set up a correct Blackberry id for her now (on the computer) but cannot change it on her phone as the original password for the incorrect email is required!

I've tried to google and I'm sure it's simple but have a distraught daughter who cannot BBM her friends!

Is the only solution to wipe it? and if so how?

Many thanks
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: HELP! How to change an Invalid email address

Hi goody24

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry !  I think you also agree that we can change or reset our password but we should have a vaild email address i;e BlackBerry ID username ,If it is wrong then you are locked . No other way but have to change or create a new  BlackBerry ID. Do your Backup and then follow this Knowledge Base to Create a new valid BlackBerry ID of your own.

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Thank you for your help
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey goody24

You are welcome... I hope this problem never arise again.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.