Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

elizabethkovacs
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Alltel

HELP! My Blackberry Curve 8530 won't reboot

Last night, my blackberry was freezing up, so I took the battery out to reboot it. I fell asleep with it rebooting on the charger, but when I woke up around eight hours later it still wasn't finished rebooting. The white line was only about 3/4 of the way full and it wasn't moving, so I took the battery out to reboot it again. It was going fine until it reached that spot again, and stopped about 3/4 of the way full. I took the battery out for an extended period of time and tried again, but the same thing happened. What shoud i do?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: HELP! My Blackberry Curve 8530 won't reboot

Hello elizabethkovacs

Welcome to the forums. 

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry® smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/oPVWXc

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621

Once completed test it and proceed with a selective restore, here is how to restore http://bbry.lv/qgQxLo

Thank you

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
ntshas
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi there,

My phone is doing the same thing.  It starts rebooting then stops at about 3/4 of the way.

I tried doing a back up, but the Blackberry Desktop Manager doesnt let me.  It says my phone is disconnected.

Is there a different way to do a backup or just to reset the phone and load the software again?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Removing the battery then press and hold back key to boot into safe mode , release when loading bar is 1/4 of the way.

If works you can backup and reload Os .
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NajNM
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

Hi,

I am having the very same problem. I tried doing the backup but can't because the device is not being recognised. When I connect the device and open Desktop Manager I get a pop up that the device can't connect and the options to Retry, Update and Cancel. When I select Cancel it prompts me to do a Repair and advises that I will lose my data, etc. I tried rebooting the phone in safe mode but it stopped partway again, so I decided to do the repair anyway. 

When I went through all the steps above and tried to repair the device it checks for updates forever. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Please use plain text.