Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

hayley_rose1989
My Device: Not Specified

HELP! Package with orange, registration problem, setup wizard pages not found and email problems!

[ Edited ]
I got my blackberry 2 days ago (I'd never had one in the past) and the sales advisor told me I would need the 'blackberry package' for £5 a month and being the fool that I am I agreed without asking for more information on what it included etc. I can get on the internet using my home wifi or any other free wifi connection I happen upon, but cannot use applications such as Facebook for Blackberry without being confronted with a message claiming 'You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to upgrade your current service plan.' I had thought that the package I had been given would be for this, does anyone know how long it should take before the package is activated?

Also, when visiting www.blackberry.orange.co.uk and asked to give my PIN and IMEI it claims that it is currently registered with a different service provider. Has anyone else found this or know a way to fix it?

Actually, while I'm here, when running the setup wizard a lot of the pages come up with HTTP ERROR, PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND and when attempting to set up my email I only have the options to 'i want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server' or 'i want to skip email setup'. How would I set up a hotmail email account?
Message Edited by hayley_rose1989 on 02-07-2009 06:53 PM
Message Edited by hayley_rose1989 on 02-07-2009 06:54 PM
Message Edited by hayley_rose1989 on 02-07-2009 06:55 PM
Message Edited by hayley_rose1989 on 02-07-2009 06:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: HELP! Package with orange, registration problem, setup wizard pages not found and email problems

the blackberry package is a good thing. the problem is that is seems you have had problems creating your BIS Account. Call Orange UK hotline and explain your issue. It's their job to make everything work. especially since you are a new customer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
sara91
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HELP! Package with orange, registration problem, setup wizard pages not found and email problems

EXACTLY the same thing is happening to me right now..

i got my blackberry about 2 days ago...

the tarriff came through...but the whole data package and all that never did and all my friends with blackberrys said that theirs came through automatically (however none of them are on orange)

how did you solve this problem?!

thanks

Please use plain text.