Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

finnthehuman
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

HELP! Trackpad is broken.

Right, well I'm new to this forum. 
But anyway, at the end of last year I started experiencing some problems with my Blackberry Curve 9300. I'd got the phone as an upgrade in November of 2011 and within a month the problems began. The phone it's self was working fine and still is, but the main problem was in the trackpad. Originally it would just freeze and after a restart or after taking the battery out it would be fine again. The problem went away but after a while I would have to push hard on the trackpad until it kind of locked its self in place and after this the trackpad would begin working again.

But now, 7 months after having this phone which is supposed to last me 2 years, the trackpad has completely stopped working. For the past couple months I've had to use the phone using the keypad and the search bar to get into texts and Blackberry Messenger. I'm a teenager, so my parents are taking me to get it fixed soon but it's going to cost a lot of money which could otherwise be spent on necessities and not a phone. So if anyone knows if it's possible for this to be fixed, I'd really appreciate the help.

Also; I've tried pressing the trackpad in more, restarting and using a piece of card to clean around the trackpad and still to no avail.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sondis
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: HELP! Trackpad is broken.

very common fault with the 9300. Try putting the phone into standby by pressing a holding the centre button on the top and then taking it out of standby by pressing it again. see if this temporarily fixes the trackpad. Other than that....why is it going to cost money? its less than 12 months old so is still in warranty or is it void as it has got wet at some point..
Please use plain text.
Amyakers
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: o2

Re: HELP! Trackpad is broken.

I what i did was take it back to the shop where you got it from and they should send it back to blackerry because i renew my phone every two years and now i wish i had got the iphone because this is the second phone ive had and im going to have to send it back as the trackpad has broken again...:smileyhappy: 

Amy x

Please use plain text.