Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Pisco
My Device: Curve 8900

HELP!

Hi! I'm new to the forum, but not to the blackberry world, My current curve 8900 is the third device I've got in the bb family and I'm quite pleased with it.  However, about a couple of weeks ago, I tried installing this app called "text smiley" and it screwed up my system, which was working just fine before that install, my bb froze when i tried running it and I thought a battery pull would do the trick.  When the system rebooted, what i got was a fatal error message 907, which, by googling found out that would be solved by updating my device's OS.  I did, using the bb desktop software 6.0.  I updated to v4.6, but when I tried to open docuemnts to go, aother error message would show up on the bb and the app wouldn't run. 

So i thought re-installing the OS would do the trick, and so i loaded the bb software again, and this time I tried to install v5.0 in my bb.  this is where my problems started, for halfway through the install the bb showed yet another error message saying that the memory was full, and it rebooted itself, a black screen with the blackberry logo in the middle of it and a loading bar below showed in my screen, thought it was a good sign, but a couple of seconds later an error message shows up saying JVM Error 545, and a highlited reset right below it, all in a white screen which doesn't go away by any means.

Now, here's the thing, I live in Peru and my carrier doesn't really know what to do with it,they say i just should buy a new one, but I think there must be another way, right?

Searching all over the internet I've read different solutions, allinvolving wiping my bb, i got JL_Cmder v1.9, followed every step to wipe (it's not that hard, right?) you know, got to the screen, i can get my bb's details and all, so the device is recognized by the program, however, the"wipe" (afte i type blackberry and press Enter) takes less than a second and when the system reboots, the same JVM Error 545 shows up, and the same loading screen is there.  Isn't the wipe suppossed to erase everything in my bb? why is it not doing so in my case?

I thought that maybe it was JL_cmder's fault, but I followed the same procedure with BBSAK and nothing happened, even trying to delete every app manually has no effect, they are still there.  As far as i know, my device is not password protected, since I never set a password for it myself, and I have never taken it to any kind of technical service yet (If i had the time I probably would, though).  i got a couple of computers running windows vista 32bits, UAC disabled, still ran the programs as administrator just in case, and yet those two programs seem to fail at doing what they are supposed to do (JL_cmder and BBSAK)

Any ideas on what may be happening? Why am I not able to wipe my device? 

Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Re: HELP!

Hi

Most strange. You should get the white screen and 507 error as highlighted below in red.

This what I did to completely wipe my BB. I wrote this before starting and printed it off.

If your device is functioning, perform a backup now if you haven't already done so saving the file to a place and in a name that you can easily locate on computer.

I then uninstalled DTM and then deleted all other references to BB/Rim in Windows Explorer thus removing the OS for the BB from the computer in order to ensure that the version I would reinstall would be a brand new downloaded version.

Get the latest Desk Top Software (DTS)
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/?CPID=OTC-DSKTPSW&cp=OTC-DSKTPSW

and install it on the computer.

Get the correct latest version of the OS

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

and save it to computer.

If the PC does not recognize the BB, You need to connect the via the USB cable. Then pull the battery from the BB.
With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick. From there you can put the battery back in (make sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four attempts.

To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps.

1) Download JL_Cmder from http://www.4shared.com/get/oqP9V-2Q/JL_Cmder_v19.html

2) Install JL_Cmder to computer.

3) Double check you have already backed-up the BB. If you DO NOT, you will lose ALL data.

4) Make sure the DTS is closed and plug in the BB to computer via USB

5) Go to the JL_Cmder on your computer and double click it to start. Now,this may take a few tries to connect, so keep trying until it does.

6) On the first screen, Press any key to continue.

7) Now, if your device uses a password, enter it now. If not, press "N"

8) Press 4 to initiate the WIPE

9) Press "Y" to continue

10) Now type "blackberry" to continue

11) On the BB you will see a white screen with a'507' Error. Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.

Launch the new Desk Top Software on the computer

1). On the home screen of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Update my device.

2). Click View Other Versions. Click the version of the new OS you previously downloaded.

3). Click Install. The DTM will install the OS and then provide you with a list of applications to install. If you have had difficulties with an app, do not install it.

Do not disconnect the device until the whole process is completed and the device has rebooted.

After 10 minutes reboot again by removing the battery whilst powered-on and leave it out for a couple of minutes.

Leave it again for 10 minutes. You should now have a fully functioning BB!

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
Pisco

Well, thanks foir the advice, however, the bb is still unresponsive (or stubborn I'd say) you see, i got the latest DTS (downloaded it just a minute ago) I already had JL_cmder 1.9.3, i had BBSAK just in case (I already have backups for my device using blackberry protect) And every step works, except maybe the wiping part, you see, after I wipe it, following the instructions, when the blackberry reboots, the same blackberry loading screen shows up, followed by the same JVM Error 545; apparently I can't get my bb wiped, let me put it this way, for I find the process fishy, to say the least

I run jl_cmder

I press 1 to check the device info to ensure it's connected

I then proceed to press 4

The screen turns red and tells me that I'm about to completely erase my bb, i press "Y"

it asks me to type "blackberry" to continue

nothing happens, so I suppose I gotta press enter afterwards

another screen shows for like a second or less (where i can read some dates, at least I recognize a 2010) but the screen dissappears as soon as it appeared, and the "wipe" doesn't even last a second.

Now, I assume that if installing the osftware takes kind of long, the wipe should take a while longer than a second, right?

If so, why can't I wipe my device? : /

Am I missing a step?

I have never set a password for my device, is there a default password?

Forums Veteran I
stevels400

The wipe should wipe everything. There are no default passwords. I used the instructions and I have had positive responses from others that have used them. We are obviously missing something. I'm tempted to think its BB Protect causing the difficulty. I dont use it so I can only read about it and the info is limited.

Are you able to uninstall it?

New Contributor
Pisco

I doubt it's bb protect, since the system can't even start up to load the app in the first place, and nope, there's no way to delete it, I've tried using bbsak to do that, but when i ask it to delete my apps, it takes likes 5 seconds processing the operation, i open the window to check my apps, and they are still there, even though they should've been deleted :smileyfrustrated:

and today, i put the battery back onto my bb, and it didn't even load anything at all, the led turned on for like 20 seconds, and then it turned off and nothing else happened : /

Dunno what to do :smileysad: 

Forums Veteran I
stevels400

Use the security wipe feature on the device itself then follow my instructions firstly with the JL_Cmdr andd, if no success, without.

New Contributor
Pisco

uh, i can't, the device doesn't start due to the error 545 : /

New Contributor
Anne9300
My Device: Curve 9300

Hi there
I love my new BB 9300. Would b very grateful if someone could steer me to the instructions to become the Admin of the device
Thanks in advance
Anne
Forums Veteran I
stevels400

Hi

Anne9300 wrote:
Hi there
I love my new BB 9300. Would b very grateful if someone could steer me to the instructions to become the Admin of the device
Thanks in advance
Anne

Not sure what you mean by "admin of the device?"

More information will be needed before making suggestions. Please provide as much as you are able of the the following

Blackberry Model.
Carrier Name.
Do you have a Data Plan?
Operating System Version go to Menu > Options > About - it looks like v5.0.0.681
Memory for Device and SD Card Options > Memory
Any error statement or code.
The Exact nature of problem - the more info the better.
When this started and whether it started just after an update or new App download and which App/s theme/s download.

New Contributor
Pisco

So, I have followed every procedure instructed to me, yet none of it works because it seems I'm unable to wipe my device, any light on what's going on? Every time I'm about to wipe it, the bb reboots itself like a second after I press enter (after writing blackberry in the jl_cmder)

Does anybody have any idea on why my bb would do that?

Does the wipe take less than a second?

Is it supposed to show me the same OS 5.0 loading screen when it reboots after wiping?

After wiping and having my device rebooted by the program, what i get is, yet again, that JVM Error 545 and the Reset button, nothing more, help :smileysad: