Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lvocalist
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!!

Can anyone help me?  I was simply trying to add my info from my Blackberry to my husband's blackberry and I think it erased everything that was already on his Blackberry.  Is there anyway to get it back from Blackberry Manager??

Please help!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: HELP!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The only way to get it back is if, sometime beforehand, a backup of his device had been done via the desktop software. Search the entire hard drive for a file with extension of .ipd (*.ipd). If you find some, inspect them for usefullness -- date/time of the file basically. If one seems to be useful, then use the Restore capability within the RIM Desktop Software to restore the data to his device.

• KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone

If, on the otherhand, no backup has ever been done, then all is lost...there is no recovery.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you certain everything (what is "everything"?) was erased?

What do you NOT see?

What did you do before everything disappeard?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
lvocalist

Thank you, that is kind of what I figured. 

Anybody looking for a new wife?

My husband is going to be furious!!

Thanks for your help

Hopefully I will stop crying to call him at work

New Contributor
lvocalist

Hello,

His address book is gone and his call logs and text messages.

I did not add my info, I actually transferred mine ot his and it deleted all of his info, because it was not backed beforehand.

Thanks, time to face the music

JSanders

I wish you would take the time to explain exactly what you did. The data migth not be lost.

But we need information from you, in detail... did you transfer your information via Desktop Manager > Sync from Outlook or did you use the Switch Device Wizard.

For instance, on his BlackBerry to Options > Status > Menu key > Database sizes, look at the Address Book... do you see the size of the database and the number of items? Does it match yours?

The more you help us with information, the more we might be able to help you... and save some tears and grief! :smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
lvocalist

OK, so I was attempting to add my contacts and info from my Blackberry to my husband's Blackberry.  I performed this task through my Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer.  I selected add my info to a new Blackberry, but did not think about backing up my husband's info first.  So once the transfer was complete, all my husband's settings, email, text messages, pictures, contacts, etc was gone.  He had not backed up his info onto his computer.  When I went to look at the transfer file, it was definitely my info.  I only had 110 contacts at the time, because I recently had started a new address book on a new phone and I know he had well over 100-200 contacts.

JSanders

OK, you're not saying, but it sounds like you used the Switch Device Wizard in the Desktop Manager.

I'm guessing it is lost.

Your only hope is to search your PC hard drive c:, for any "*.ipd" file. That is the backup file. See if you find one on your PC.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
lvocalist

Yes, I searched my PC and found the ipd.file and it is only my info from my Blackberry, not my husbands.

Thanks for you help and concern.