Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mihalea
My Device: BB 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone RO

HOW TO UPGRADE OS BB 8520 TO NEWEST VERSIONS???

Hello

I have a BB 8520 with carrier at Vodafone RO and I want to upgrade my OS to newest versions. Now I have the version v4.6.1.272

I connect the device to my PC using the desktop software 6 and from the website I click on Update to OS 5.0, and it gives me the following error: "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.". I remake the process over and over again and it gives me the same problem, please help.

It also gives when I try to update to OS 6.0? What is the OS that BB 8520 Curve support? 5 or 6?

Please help me with the upgrading process, I really want to upgrade my BB software!

I'm desperate, please help:smileyhappy:!

Thanks!

Bye!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: HOW TO UPGRADE OS BB 8520 TO NEWEST VERSIONS???

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You need to down load the device OS from your providers website.

Click here to access the site: Vodaphone Romania

The upgrade will be for device OS 5.0, your 8520 is not able to run device OS6.

Thanks

Bifocals

KB18143 What is new in BlackBerry Device Software 5.0

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihalea

Hello

Thanks for guiding.

But I have another problem, I mean I have download the app from the link you have gaved me, install it on my PC, and now how do I upgrade my device system? What are the exact steps, please help!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

KB03901 How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mihalea

Hello

I appreciate your support, I have finally find some info on blackberry website about how to update my OS with the Desktop Managar 6 (the latest one).

Device>Update....

I select Other Version> it shows me in the window the latest software for the device OS 5 but after I select it and click OK/INSTALL it gives me this error:

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

The conclusion is that I cannot update my device OS because I'm not a registered member or I'm not an active user?! I have to pay something or what?

Please let me know!

Bye!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xadreque
My Device: BlackBerry curve 8310 smartphone
My Carrier: vodacom mozambique

Hi, I'm using bb curve 8310 and running os version 4.5.0.183. I want to update to newer version or updrade. Please help me! Is there a way of doing this without pc? My career is Vodacom Mozambique. Please help! I'm trying to download whatsapp but it tells me that I am running a very old os and advises me to upgrade to os 4.6 or higher. Any idea?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sophia250
My Device: curve8310
My Carrier: 4.2.2

I want to upgrade my BB OS for 8310
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sophia250 wrote:
I want to upgrade my BB OS for 8310

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There are plenty of instructions already posted in this thread...have you attempted anything yet? If so, please be very explicit about what does not work well for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
munne18
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

HI!!

I was wondering if I can do that through with tmobile as well? because I just downlaoded the new bbm 7,but i need )S6 or higher to use the bbm voice :No:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

munne18 wrote:

HI!!

I was wondering if I can do that through with tmobile as well? because I just downlaoded the new bbm 7,but i need )S6 or higher to use the bbm voice :No:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is no requirement to use your own carriers OS package on your BB. Depending on the method you attempt, you may only be offered those OS levels that your carrier supports. But if you know the proper tricks, you can use any carriers OS package as long as it's for your exact model number BB.

But, your first step is to find out if such even exists...you start here:

Sorted first by Carrier, the challenge is not small for you...but if what you seek is actually there, the reward will be yours to reap. Start digging, in that portal, through each carrier and discover if they even support your model...if they do not, simply back up to the portal level and move on to the next carrier. When you find one that does support your model, note the OS level(s) that they currently support. Continue on until you've found them all...and then compare your discoveries and choose the OS you desire for your BB. Next, use those tricks to install that OS package to your BB. If you need instructions, just ask when/if you get to that point. Note that, if no carrier has the OS level you desirethen it's not availableand you are all done with this venture.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.