Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tgbanks3

Hacked?

Is it possible for someone to hack into your BB and see any texts you are sending/receiving?  What if they have your PIN number? 

I'm not asking how to hack, as I have no use for it.  But I'm worried that someone is hacking into my phone and if so, I'd like to be able to find out who it is or just be able to prevent it from further hacking.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hacked?

[ Edited ]

Has it been out of your control at any point, for an extended length of time (like an hour)?

Having your PIN number can't hack it. There really is not way to hack the BlackBerry. This isn't your PC.

Do you keep a password set on the device? The PW is impenetrable IF you have it such that no one can guess it.

Message Edited by JSanders on 03-13-2009 02:35 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tgbanks3

Yes it is sometimes out of my control at work and I do not have it password protected.  Which is why I was afraid that someone may have gotten my PIN and is using it to hack.  I really don't think anyone would have had time to install a program onto my phone, but if so, how would I go about finding out?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

No one can hack a blackberry with a PIN.

Well, if the 'spy' is quite good at what they do, you won't be able to do so. However there is only one application of which I am aware that can be loaded on the BB which can do things like foward SMS messages. Look at your Options > Advanced > Applications folder for anything odd there. And also at applications > menu > Modules.

Otherwise, if extreme paranoi sets in, wipe your device and reload the OS fresh.

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
trust
My Carrier: T mobile

I have purchased a new Blackberry Curve 8520 from my previous employer. If they had written down all of the identification numbers to the phone is it possible for someone to hack into the phone and read email and listern to calls?.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

If the device is still activcated on your company BES server, they can log much of the activity on the device, but they cannot listen to phone calls.

If your 8520 is no longer on your company network, make sure the IT Policy is removed from the device.

See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link:

KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
parr1979
My Carrier: Sprint

I just recently got hacked into my BB curve. It was doing fine 2 days ago and now today I tried to access internet on it but won't work. I went online to sprint.com and discovered that someone called them 2 days ago and changed account services. I chatted with a customer service in a very angry mood. I found out someone changed from Unlimited data service to basic service but why would I want that since I'm deaf? And I've been using unlimited data service for 2 years to use for texting and internet access and suddenly someone hacked into it using 83 minutes INTERNATIONAL calls costing 103.00 and so forth.

BE ON THE ALERT!!! CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS ONLINE regularly!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcanton
My Carrier: Bmobile

i would really like to recover  a bbm chat that i had today but what software do i use or how can i recover a chat if  i chose the end chat option on my bb?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

@marcanton

You cant, once its ended, its gone... sorry :smileysad:

@parr1979

Your blackberry wasnt hacked. Your carrier allowed access to your wireless account to someone other than you.

@trust

No it is not, the only way to be able to do something like that is with an IMSI catcher. Which arent cheap... plus they arent legal. Unless you are the CIA or something.

Everyone should rest assured that your devices are safe.

You cannot hack a blackberry, nor get a virus, noone can read your text messages or BBMs (not even your provider keeps them anywhere, trust me, Provider tech support for over 3 years)

But if all this isnt enough... ask yourself, is a phone really needed?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marcanton
My Carrier: Bmobile

i have two blackberrys a bold 9000 and a curve 8520 so what happen is that i would like all info that i recieve on my curve to automatically forward to my bold especially bbm and sms what should i do thanks for any help  

Please use plain text.