Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 OS 7
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Handango - Any alternatives for software?

[ Edited ]

Are there any alternatives to Handango for purchasing software for my Curve 8310? Handango stinks. :smileymad:

1. Purchased 2 software titles there today. Downloaded to PC. Went to Unzip and received WinZip error message.. "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive".

- Deleted from desktop and tried 2 more times. Same message.

- Tried to Open from the Order form. Same message.

2. Handango's website continually crashes when trying to navigate (Page not found)... forced to keep trying.. sometimes the link goes through.

Couldn't seem to find any forum or support group for Handango.

BTW, I'm using WinZip 9.0 SR-1.

Left an e-mail about this with their Customer Support, but I hate relying on others to get back to me. I will GLADLY PAY for long-distance costs.. just give me a telephone number.

No telephone number to call.. Took some searching to find a telephone number. When you do call their Corporate offices for support, you get a message they're only open 9-5 CST M-Th and 9-12 CST F. Well, duh.. some of us work during the week.

Message Edited by KGlennCole on 11-08-2008 02:23 PM
Message Edited by KGlennCole on 11-08-2008 02:54 PM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Handango - Any alternatives for software?

Hi,

Crackberry.com has a reputable store.

I haven't had a problem with Handango, and many on the forums see to like them as well.

You may have encountered a "black hole" in their operations!

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 OS 7
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks! I'll look. Unfortunately, I paid for some software that I now cannot download properly. I don't want to pay twice, unless I contest the Handango charges with my CC company.

Had similar problems last week with Handango. My guess is that since they're running a legacy AND a beta site simultaneous, they're having some problems. NO problems with any other website.. none.

Doesn't justify the total lack of sales support during times other than the hours specified in their telephone message header. Geez, you'd think they would display those hours on their website, thereby saving people like me a long-distance call.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Maybe it helps to maintain the illusion that the internet (and Handango) never closes?

:smileyhappy:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Im Unable To Get HANDANGO on MY Phone? When I Put mhgo.com

01/05/2009 02:44 PM  I receive This Error Message
HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
The page you Requested could not be loaded. Please Try Loading a Different Page?

When I Put www.handango.com I see Requires Javascript?  
My Device: Not Specified

I have been downloading some freeware from syncpedia.com

They don't have much commercial ware yet though.