Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Handheld Locked problem

[ Edited ]

I'm having a problem, hopefully someone here can help me with. It is as following:

When starting up my Blackberry Curve 9300 with SIM-card it will, as usual, ask for my PIN code. However when I enter my pin-code and press the trackpad nothing happens. After a couple of secs my pin (shown as ******) will dissapear. I can try again then but nothing happens at all (neither to the amount of tries I have to enter the correct PIN)

When I then press the 'return' button of the Blackberry it goes to the 'desktop', pressing any other button then leads to a screen saying 'Handheld is locked', with three option: unlock, only emergency calls, and cancel. In the menu I can't seem to select anything, I have to restart to get to the PIN-screen again but the same problem stays.

I thought perhapse my trackpad was broken, but starting it up without my SIM-card everything works fine... including my trackpad.

Already I tried to reset it by taking out the battery, and I have also deleted/reset everything from the phone via Desktop Manager.

Hopefully someone knows what is wrong and can help me!