Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Have I been hacked??

I wasn't receiving emails on my phone so I went to my email set up wizard and when I clicked it it said that it was on a different pin number and there was a COMPLETELY different email in there that doesn't belong to me. Has someone stole my information on my phone? 
Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Have I been hacked??

Very very doubtful... BlackBerrys can't be hacked.

What was the message about the PIN?

A PIN is only assignable ONLY to the device... they can't be stolen or changed on a device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

I've heard of something like this before.  Somehow your PIN has registered incorrectly with RIM's network.  You'll need to call your carrier and have them get RIM involved to resolve the problem.
Jerry
Contributor

The message said something along the lines of "this device is currently linked to (other pin number). Click here to switch to (my pin number)." So I clicked on the link to switch to my pin number.  Once I did that the only email account that was in there was a gmail account with the name ryan?? I don't know anyone named ryan??
Contributor

Well it recognized that the pin that was in there wasn't the one for my phone and recognized the pin for my phone and asked if I wanted to switch to my actual pin number. But once I did that there was an email account in there that didn't belong to me or belong to anyone I know. I guess I just don't know how it is possible for a completely different pin number and email account to be in my phone when i haven't changed or modified anything in my phone in months?