Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
JMCfan

Have a BB Pearl now, thinking of getting a BB Curve..

I never wanted a BB until they came out with the pink BB Pearl and got it in Jan.  I love the phone but have had numorous problems with the Pearl.  It locks up on me, drops calls, I was having to take the battery out at least once or twice a day... I kept calling Verizon and complaining and they would walk me through several steps to fix the problem which would only fix it temp..  Finally after four months of gettin aggrevated and regretting getting this phone.. I took it to Verizon and demanded another Pearl.  They told me they are having tons of problems with the pink pearls and they do not recommend this phone... too late for me unfortunately because I signed a two year contract  :smileysurprised:  I love Verizon and have been with them for years so they werent the problem.  The new phone has been great until about a month ago, I started searching on the web and then it started all over again so I know it is a memory problem now.. (sure wish I knew about this forum before) 

Anyways, I have been thinking about getting the new pink Curve... for those of you that went from a Pearl to Curve.. what are the differences (if any) and was it worth it?  Are you having the same problems with the Curve that we have with the Pearl?  Everyone that I have talked too with a Pearl has complained about it... wish I would of asked around before running out and getting it.

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
notermites

Re: Have a BB Pearl now, thinking of getting a BB Curve..

Keep what you have untilthe glitches are out the Media syncs do not work and the Destop manger needs work the phone is a phone ut the software that goes on your laptopor desktop needs work from the Blackberry folks lots of complaints and then they ask you toclose out a forum as resolved when realy it is not -- hold tight, but thephone is good but a phone is a phone a dime a dozen

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

I too had a pearl and switched to the Curve. I went through 3 pearls in one week due to all the problems. I started with the pink pearl as well.  I have had the curve now for over a week (yes it is pink).  I like the screen being bigger.  I like the way the text and email messages show up as with the screen bigger and my larger font i can read it.  The only thing i dont like, is that i love texting (4500 a month) and i am not used to the qwerty keyboard.  I dont seem to be as fast! But i can live with that!! :smileyhappy:  I think you will like the curve.  I love the task/memo/ calendar with reminders... (i am sure most smart phones have that) I am new to the Blackberry world.  This is my first experience! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
JMCfan

Thank you both for responding!  I love to text as well, that was one thing I am curious about. Those keys on the Curve are awfully small, does that interfere with texting?  I am wondering for girls with nails if that would be a problem.:smileyvery-happy:  I have a month to decided but I have heard nothing but great stuff about the Curve.  I am just wondering if there is a big difference in the Pearl and Curve.  Obviously there must be since everyone loves the Curve but yet at same thing, there is nothing but problems with the Pearl. 

On the desktop manager... I installed it on my Vista and use it for my Pearl with no problems, will I have to uninstall it and reinstall the one that comes with the Curve or can I keep it?  I sure was hoping I could just hook the Curve up and transfer all my data and everything to the new Curve.  With that said, can you even do that such as Password Keeper and etc?  Which btw, I LOVE password keeper!  I am very thankful for that!! I don't want to lose any of that information. 

I love this forum, I found it Friday and have spent the last few days doing research and found a few things I didn't know I had such as the Mute Key!  I was upset cause I seem to call folks by mistake when I put the phone in my purse.. so the only way I found to lock the keyboard is keyboard lock you go through by menu key.. I hated that, seemed like alot of work to do each time.. so when I read about the Mute key.. it was like a lifesaver so to speak. 

I do have one more question about the messenger... when I have it set to busy and someone sends me a message, will I receive it? 

Thanks for all your help!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

I did not have to uninstall, all i had to do was connect it to my curve then click switch device wizard.  it allowed me to switch my stuff.  i think people with nails would be able to text better with the curve as the nail can click click click!! I use my thumbs and sometimes they get in the way lol!  you will love it!i loved the size of the pearl,  but like i said, all i had was problems.

have a blessed Sunday

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
lorriem1222

The nails do become somewhat of a problem when the reach a certain length. I do not wear artificial nails because I can't work with them. But you only use your thumbs on the curve so if your nails are not out of control they don't become a factor. By the way I tried typing on a friends pearl before and couldn't do it. I need the full keyboard. I also like the bigger screen. I also think it's a "prettier" phone. If that matters.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.